Tai Chi Chuan: Four Dimensions of Purpose
Saturday and Sunday, October 9th and 10th
Cost: $75 for a single day for students who have taken a class before, $90 for new students.
Cost for the Whole weekend: $125 for students that have taken a class before, $145 for new students
Location: 11 La Bolsita Way, Orinda, CA 94563. Directions will be emailed to you after you register.
Become initiated into how Tai Chi Chuan stems from an ancient lineage of postural initiation which includes four dimensions of purpose: self-healing, spiritual unfoldment, self-defense, and changing your life stance. This perspective, stemming from Michael’s research, imaginal mytho-poetic exploration, and thirty years of practice from some of the world’s most respected Tai Chi masters, will be applied to the Yang style Tai Chi set. Beginners, more advanced practitioners, and Tai Chi teachers will gain new perspectives and new entryways into the treasures of Tai Chi as a life long practice.
You’ll learn to:
- Broaden your view of the purpose of movements of Tai Chi Chuan, and experience how practicing Tai Chi using these four dimensions deepens your practice.
- Cultivate Tai Chi’s unique ability to simultaneously revitalize and relax as you practice specific self-healing movements and postures for your life-time preventative medicine program.
- Learn how Standing Meditation Qigong is a spiritual foundation practice for Tai Chi that adds an energetic component that can be transferred to your sitting meditation, yoga practices, etc. Tap into Tai Chi’s essence to, synchronize breath and movement, find harmony, develop balance, evoke deep states of equanimity.
- Discover how Tai Chi two-person Self-development practices (commonly called “pushing hands”) are initiatory pathways into enhancing your stance with others and embodying the elements of life.
- Learn how Tai Chi Chuan is a tradition of postural initiation, and how it connects with other cross-cultural spiritual traditions.
- Make Tai Chi come alive with Tai Chi Dance, as you find the primordial animal forms of Qigong hidden in Tai Chi movements.
* Bring your own lunch and eat at Michael’s house, or join the group at a local restaurant 4 blocks away.
* Special Offer: For anyone who registers with a check received by September 24th you’ll get a free copy (a $25 value) of Michael’s book Secrets to Living Younger Longer: The Self healing Path of Qigong, Standing Mediation, and Tai Chi. These books have a red dot on the cover (and for any of you who are Seinfeld fans of “the red dot on the Cashmere sweater” episode you’ll appreciate the inside joke).
Please send the check (made out to Michael Mayer) to 11 La Bolsita Way, Orinda, CA 94563.
For those interested in seeing more about Michael’s background in and contributions to Tai Chi/Qigong, or are interested in coming to his regular Saturday classes, you can click on these links.