9:30 AM-4:30 PM both days
Cost: $85 or $75 if check received by Sept 9th, Cost for the Whole weekend: $150 or $125 if check received by Sept 9th.
Where: 11 La Bolsita Way, Orinda, Ca 94563
Become initiated into how Tai Chi Chuan stems from an ancient lineage of postural initiation which includes four dimensions of purpose: self-healing, spiritual unfoldment, self-defense, and changing your life stance. This perspective, stemming from Michael’s research, imaginal mytho-poetic exploration, and thirty years of practice from some of the world’s most respected Tai Chi masters, will be applied to the Yang style Tai Chi set. Beginners, more advanced practitioners, and Tai Chi teachers will gain new perspectives and new entryways into the treasures of Tai Chi as a life long practice.
You’ll learn to:
- Broaden your view of the purpose of movements of Tai Chi Chuan, and experience how practicing Tai Chi using these four dimensions deepens your practice.
- Cultivate Tai Chi’s unique ability to simultaneously revitalize and relax as you practice specific self-healing movements and postures for your life-time preventative medicine program.
- Learn how Standing Meditation Qigong is a spiritual foundation practice for Tai Chi that adds an energetic component that can be transferred to your sitting meditation, yoga practices, etc. Tap into Tai Chi’s essence to, synchronize breath and movement, find harmony, develop balance, evoke deep states of equanimity.
- Discover how Tai Chi two-person Self-development practices (commonly called “pushing hands”) are initiatory pathways into enhancing your stance with others and embodying the elements of life.
- Learn how Tai Chi Chuan is a tradiiton of postural initiation, and how it connects with other cross-cultural spiritual traditions.
- Make Tai Chi come alive with Tai Chi Dance, as you find the primordial animal forms of Qigong hidden in Tai Chi movements.
* Bring your own lunch and eat at Michael’s house, or join the group at one of the local restaurants just 4 blocks away.
Registration: Please send the check (made out to Michael Mayer) to 11 La Bolsita Way, Orinda, CA 94563. Directions will be emailed to you after you register. For more information: 510-849-2878.
For those interested in seeing more about Michael’s background and contributions to to Tai Chi/Qigong you can click on this link.