Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology, Albuquerque Marriott, New Mexico
Dr Mayer Presents two Workshops:
I. Day of Renewal : Thursday May 15, 2008 Renewing your Vitality with BodymindHealing Qigong
Qigong is a many thousand- year old way to cultivate our vital energy using breath, posture, movement, acu-touch, and imagery. Scientific research has documented Qigong’s positive effects on hypertension, chronic pain, various measures of health and longevity, preventing falls amongst the elderly, and with various chronic diseases. The Wall Street Journal calls Qigong, “the hottest trend in stress relief.” Dr Mayer is the pioneer of the integration of integration of Qigong with Western bodymind healing methods, and applied these methods in an integrated medical clinic. He will show participants how to apply these practices to relax, energize, and heal the healer
Two seperate Three Hour-long Sessions in the Morning and Afternoon Will Include:
1. Bodymind Healing Qigong movements for Self Renewal.
Exercises for energizing and relaxing the body-mind stemming from presenters two books on Tai Chi/Qigong as behavioral healthcare tools.
2. Bodymind Healing Qigong movements for Self Renewal.
Practices for Healing the Healer: Tai Chi Ruler for Self Healing, Standing Meditation for transforming the practitioners life stance, etc.
3. Two person self development practices from presenters integration of Tai Chi push hands practices for practitioners becoming more grounded, finding central equilibrium, and understanding the applications of Tai Chi movements and metaphors for their own self healing.
II. Psychotherapy and Qigong: Partners in Healing Anxiety and other Psychological Disorders, Friday, May 16, 2008
Format: Power-point Presentation
Time: 2 hour Breakout
Qigong is one of the oldest forms of energy psychology and is under-represented in the workshops on “Energy Psychology” This Breakout Session will give the participants transformational tools for integrating Qigong into psychotherapy. Dr. Mayer has been at the forefront of integrating Qigong and psychotherapy for the last two decades (see bio)
- Introduction and What Qigong offers Psychotherapy and what Psychotherapy offers Qigong 30 min.
- Anxiety Case Example- 30 min
- Psych. & Qigong with other Psych. Disorders 30 min
- Research and Ethics 30 min
1.Session 1:.30 Minutes Introduction & what Qigong offers Psychotherapy 15 min.What Psychotherapy offers Qigong. 15 min. ( See Chapter 21, Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy, Mayer 2007.
2. Session 2: 30 Minutes: Anxiety Case Example- Theoretical framework and case example of anxiety treatment (Mayer, 1997) 30 min
3. Session 3: 30 minutes Psychotherapy & Qigong with other Psych. Disorders-hypertension Johnson 2004, Pellitier 2000, Mayer 1999, 2003, peer reviewed; Wang 1995), chronic pain ( Hilgard 1983, Mayer 1996. Wu 1999) etc 30 min
4. Session 4:: 30 Minutes Research and Ethics 30 min ( Andrade & Feinstein 2003; Pellitier 2000; APA Ethics Code; Zur O., 2005