Bodymind Healing Practices for Psychotherapy and Life Challenges-
Three Independent Components: Friday night lecture 7-9 pm: Transforming Troubled Times: Through Bodymind Healing Practices; Saturday 9:30-5: Bodymind Healing Methods in Psychotherapy; Sunday 9:30 to 4:30: Bodymind Healing Qigong. (Take all 3 workshops together or separately.)
Friday, October 25th, 7-9pm $15.00 2 CEs
Transforming Troubled Times: Through Bodymind Healing Practices
The world as we know it is shifting. These uncertain times can challenge our relationship to both ourselves and others, but they can also serve as an opportunity to activate the hero within us as we draw from the cross-cultural resources of ancient sacred wisdom traditions. Tonight you’ll learn to cope with everyday stressors using specific tools from Eastern meditation and Qigong traditions and Western energy psychology and psychotherapeutic methods.
In this presentation you’ll learn specific East/West practices from the toolkit of “The Reluctant Metaphysician:”
• Standing Meditation Qigong: To find your life stance during times of adversity.
• The River of Life Guided Meditation method: For transmuting issues that encumber your resiliency and coping skills.
• Learn the difference between “spiritual” and “metaphysical” practices and how the metaphysical incorporates the spiritual into a wider psycho-spiritual whole.
Saturday, October 26th, 9:30am-5pm $125.00 before Sept 26 then $155.00, 6 CEUs
Bodymind Healing in Psychotherapy
Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy draws from traditional forms of psychotherapy, energy psychology, bodymind and symbolic process approaches to healing, clinical hypnosis, and ancient wisdom traditions such as Qigong. In this workshop therapists will expand their repertoires by learning how to utilize self-healing methods to assist patients in improving their physical and mental health. You’ll discover ways to work with insomnia, anxiety, hypertension, chronic pain and trauma as part of your lifetime preventative medicine program.
Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy presents an integral paradigm for bodymind healing, which is accessible for clinicians to integrate into brief or depth psychotherapy. Theory, case illustrations, practices and demonstrations will be combined to show how this bodymind healing approach can help your patients.
Participants will be able to:
• Discover the cross cultural pre-modern traditions that form part of the historical root system from which bodymind healing traditions in psychotherapy may draw.
• Learn treatment methods that can help form part of an integrative approach to applying bodymind healing methods into psychotherapy
• Experience Qigong movements that can add to an integrative treatment approach to anxiety and panic attacks,
• Practice Qigong movements that can aid in an integrative treatment approach of hypertension and panic attacks.
• Learn ways that Qigong that can be integrated into psychotherapy without mentioning a word about Qigong.
• Become aware of 3 ethical issues related to incorporating Qigong into Psychotherapy.
Sunday, October 27th, 9:30am-4:30pm $75.00 before 10/26 then $95.00 , 5.5 CEUs
Qigong and Bodymind Healing
Become initiated into the ten-system integrative method, Bodymind Healing Qigong that Dr. Mayer synthesized over 30 years of training with some of the most respected Tai Chi/Qigong masters. You’ll find a blend of anthropological research case examples from Dr. Mayer’s work in an integrative medical clinic, and stories from ancient wisdom-traditions. Two-person self-development practices, Western bodymind healing methods and psycho-mythological work round out his fusion of ancient and modern approaches to bodymind healing. You’ll learn how Tai Chi and Qigong are initiatory traditions drawn from a long-lost lineage that includes self-healing, spiritual unfoldment, self-defense and changing your psychological life-stance.
This workshop is oriented towards various health practitioners and anyone wanting to learn self-healing methods.
What is Qigong? Qigong (of which Tai Chi is the best known system) is a many thousand-year-old method of cultivating the energy of life through synchronizing movement, breath and imagery. Qigong is coming to the forefront of mind-body healing practices. Recent research has demonstrated that Qigong, one of the five branches of Chinese Medicine, has the ability to lower blood pressure, increase balance, help with chronic pain, alleviate insomnia and help with a wide variety of chronic diseases. This root system of Chinese medicine has the unique ability to simultaneously relax and energize. Many people think Qigong is about graceful, healing movements; but Qigong also has static practices that can be done in stillness.
Participants will be able to:
• Learn how Qigong can contribute to your lifetime preventative medicine program.
• Become aware of how Qigong can be used as an adjunctive treatment in Behavioral Healthcare.
• Apply a psycho-mythological symbolic process method to healing.
• Broaden your understanding of the 4 purposes of Tai Chi.
• Discover how Tai Chi 2-person self-development practices forms a metaphorical base for cultivating essential relational skills.
• Increase understanding of boundary and ethical issues regarding the combination of Qigong and Psychotherapy.
For registration: Cascadia Training
Here are the Registration Links: Registration link for Friday,
Saturday Registration, Sunday Registration, Registration link for all three components
Location: All three presentations are at University House-Wallingford, Seattle, WA
4400 Stone Way North
Seattle, Washington 98103
For our out of town guests: rooms are available at Maxwell Hotel: 300 Roy St. Seattle
Call 855-.440.6812, www.themaxwellhotel.com (ask for the group rate of $139 a night -free parking)