Transformative Practices for Troubled Times
Multidimensional Group Sharing and Training in Leading-edge Mind-body Healing Methods
New Group Beginning Thursday, May 18, 2017
– with Michael Mayer, Ph.D.–
When: Thursday 10:00 to 11:30 AM (Number of times per month decided by group, enroll now).
Where: Contra Costa, CA Location(exact location will be given upon registration)
Cost: $75 per each group session (Pay twelve sessions in advance for $55 per group.)
Time Frame: After the first group a 12-session commitment is agreed upon for group cohesion.
Registration and Questions: 510-849-2878; 925-623-3540; Email: email@example.com
The world we have come to know is shifting. The confluence of the great recession, a country in search of itself, and a sense that the world is in upheaval can be rather disorienting. These difficult times can challenge our relationship to both ourselves and others; and they can serve as an opportunity to activate the hero in us and cultivate our integral spiritual path. In this ongoing group, we will share our journeys though the trials of the various facets of our lives. In each group we’ll learn tools for dealing with the troubled times in which we live. In addition to the group leader’s repertoire, each group member’s approach to integral living will be honored.
Some of Methods, Traditions, and Practices You’ll Learn to Enhance Your Life Stance:
Psycho-mythological Processes: Discover how to transform your life story with the Mythic Journey Process. Learn to extract meaning and direction from your dreams. Find guidance from the teaching stories of ancient wisdom traditions to help us find our Way.
- The River of Life: A guided meditation for stress reduction.
- Communication Methods: Learn the elements of constructive communication to work through issues with others, and to increase real contact.
- Integrating Tai Chi, Qigong, and Psychological methods: To cultivate resiliency and change your life stance.
- Bodymind Healing Qigong: To develop self-healing abilities and to facilitate the healing of loved ones.
* After the first group meeting there is a 12 week commitment to insure group cohesion.
Suggested optional reading and viewing related to our group:
- Trials of the Heart: Healing the Wounds of Intimacy (Ten Speed Press, 1993);
- Secrets to LivingYounger Longer: The Self-healing Path of Qigong,
- EnergyPsychology: Self-healing Methods for Bodymind Health (North Atlantic/Random House, 2009);
- The Path of a Reluctant Metaphysician: Stories and Practices for Troubled Times (2012).
Articles: (Available free on www.bodymindhealing.com with Opt -in)
- Standing Meditation: What do you stand for? The Journal of Qigong in America, Vol. 1, Summer, 2004.
- Tai Chi Chuan: A Postmodern, metaphysical point of view, Tai Chi Chuan & Oriental Arts, Summer, (2012)
Michael Mayer, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist in private practice and a Tai Chi/Qigong teacher who specializes in self-healing methods for physical and mental health. He co-founded an integrative medical clinic; and he was a co-founding faculty member of the Transpersonal Psychology Program at JFK University where he taught for twelve years. He is a Fellow of the American Association for Integrative Medicine. Michael teaches his approach to bodymind healing at conferences, hospitals, and universities. He is the author of twenty publications on bodymind healing. Michael’s guiding image of “two streams becoming one” guides him as he joins East/West, mind/body and ancient/modern in his work. The American Tai Chi & Qigong Association has certified Michael as a master Tai Chi Instructor.
* Register early to hold a place in the group: 925-623-3540; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org