Description: During troubled times of any “great unravelling” of life, ancient wisdom traditions are a passed-down lineage from our spiritual ancestors to help us find a healing pathway. An integral combination of psycho-mythological story telling, somatic practices (from Qigong and Tai Chi) Western bodymind healing methods, and experiential practices will be used to help participants find their way though troubled times…and you’ll learn from your experience how to help others do the same.
Participants will learn how:
- Tai Chi and Qigong can be seen as initiatory traditions drawn from a long-lost lineage that includes self-healing, spiritual unfoldment, self-defense, and changing your life stance psychologically.
- You’ll be initiated into the Bodymind Healing Qigong approach to Tai Chi/Qigong, which teaches you to bring spirit and soul to the practice of Tai Chi/Qigong, and use these traditions to change your life stance toward your life issues.
- You’ll experience why Standing Meditation Qigong has been called “the million-dollar secret of Qigong,” how the animal forms of Qigong can reactivate your primordial self, and why Yi Chuan walking meditation adds something vital to traditions of walking meditation.
- Anthropological research, stories from ancient wisdom-traditions, two person Tai Chi practices, Tai Chi dance, Western bodymind healing methods, and psycho-mythological work round out this fusion of ancient and modern approaches to bodymind healing.
- You’ll discover ways to work with common ailments– insomnia, anxiety, hypertension, chronic pain-as part of a lifetime preventative-medicine program.
* Open to various health professionals for CEUs, and anyone wanting to learn self-healing methods will be able to benefit.
Dates: February 2-4th, 2018, Friday night 7:30 pm through Sunday 11:30 am.
Location: 1440 University, 800 Bethany Drive, Scotts Valley Ca 95066
Registration: https://1440.org/order/guests/, email@example.com; 844-544-1440, 831-431-8868; Link to the Program Description at 1440 Multiversity:https://1440.org/program/self-healing-practices-troubled-times/
Schedule: (Open to Organic Evolution): Click here for Schedule
Links for Handouts:
In addition to the links that are given to you when you register, here are other links to articles for registrants:
- The Mythic Journey Process
- The Mythic Journey Process Steps
- Bodymind Healing Qigong- 20 Minute Practice
- Standing Meditation:What Do You Stand For?
- Tai Chi Chuan: A Postmodern, Metaphysical Perspective
- What is Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy?
- Outline_The Essence of Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy
- Sacred Songs
- Appendix1_Self Healing Practices
- Qigong and Behavioral Healthcare: An Integrative Approach to Chronic Pain, Qi Journal, 1996.
- Tai Chi Chuan: A Postmodern Metaphysical Point of View, Tai Chi Chuan & Oriental Arts, Summer, 2012.
- Standing Meditation Qigong: What do you Stand for?, Qi Journal, 2004, Vol. 1 Issue 1.
Recommended Books: Choose one...
- Mayer, M. (2004). Secrets to Living Younger Longer: The Self Healing Path of Qigong, Standing Meditation and Tai Chi.
- Mayer, M. (2007). Energy Psychology: Self-Healing Methods for Bodymind Health, North Atlantic/Random House.
- Mayer, M. (2012). The Path of the Reluctant Metaphysician: Stories and Practices for Troubled Times.