Qigong: Ancient Path to Modern Health
By keynote speaker and award-winning author, Dr. Michael Mayer
From Dr. Mayer’s Keynote Address to the National Qigong Association
You’ll learn about:
- Our Cultural Health Crises and our Need for Self-healing Methods
- Dr. Mayer’s Background with Qigong and Bodymind Healing
- Cross-Cultural Traditions of Postural Initiation
- Tai Chi and Qigong stems from a long-lost lineage which derives from shamanic origins, and includes self-healing, spiritual unfoldment, self-defense in the field of Bodymind Healthcare and changing the practitioner’s life stance. The roots of this lineage are part of a cross-cultural tradition not only in China, but also in Native America, India, and Greece. This tradition has roots in many of the world’s major indigenous religions: Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism and Taoism.
- Self-healing Methods for Health Problems that combine Western Psychotherapy and Qigong. Dr. Mayer discusses his unique synthesis of these traditions called Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy & Bodymind Healing Qigong.
- Learn about how this new “Energy Psychology” can give relief to: Hypertension, Chronic Pain, Insomnia, Anxiety, Carpal Tunnel, etc.
- An overview of Selected Leading-Edge Research on Energy Medicine and Energy Psychology.