June 13-18, 2008, Mt. Madonna Center, Qigong and Bodymind Healing: The Self-Healing Path, Contact: email@example.com, 445 Summit Rd. Watsonville CA 95076. Can be taken as a weekend or 5 day class, with or without Bodymind Healing Qigong certification. Participants can register for the workshop as a weekend class, or a five day extended training.
Qigong and Bodymind Healing: The Self-Healing Path
The Self Healing Path of Qigong, Standing Meditation and Tai Chi
– Michael Mayer PhD
This workshop opens the pathway to your experience of the thesis of Dr. Mayer’s books…. “Taiji and Qigong are initiatory traditions stemming from a long-lost lineage that includes self-healing, spiritual unfoldment, self-defense, and changing your life stance. In this unique blend of ancient and modern approaches to bodymind healing you’ll:
- Become initiated into the ten-system, integrative method, Bodymind Healing Qigong, that Dr. Mayer synthesized over 30 years of training with some of the most respected Taiji and Qigong masters.
- Understand the deeper meanings and Self-healing purposes of the Taji/Qigong tradition through imaginative teaching stories from cross-cultural ancient sacred wisdom traditions, anthropological research, Taiji two-person self-development practices, and Taiji dance.
- Round out your healing knowledge with Western bodymind healing methods illustrated with case examples from Dr Mayer’s work in an integrative medical clinic.
- Discover ways to work with common ailments including insomnia, anxiety, hypertension, chronic pain.
On the Monday after the weekend you’ll experience the Mythic Journey Process and discover how to transform a life issue with this psycho-mythological process. Then Taiji/Qigong movements learned during the weekend will take on new meaning as medicine animal Qigong movements, Taiji postures, and Taiji self-defense practices become ways to deal with our inner demons, and Self-actualization process. The weekend workshop focuses more on the spiritual, and the ensuing week focuses on the soul of the Taiji/Qigong tradition.
- Oriented towards health practitioners, and anyone wanting to learn self-healing methods.
- Inquire with Mt Madonna about Continuing Education Units for various health professions.
Suggested Materials: Book: Secrets to Living Younger Longer: The Self-Healing Path of Qigong, Standing Meditation and Tai Chi DVD: Bodymind Healing Qigong.
Bio: Michael Mayer, Ph.D. is a licensed Psychologist, and Qigong teacher who specializes in giving his patients self-healing methods for health problems. Dr. Mayer presents his approach to bodymind healing at professional conferences, universities and hospitals and is a keynote speaker. He was a co-founder of, and a practitioner at, a multi-disciplinary clinic practicing integrative health-care. Dr. Mayer pioneered the integration of Qigong and Psychotherapy, and was the first person in the United States to train doctoral psychology students in the these methods. The World Institute for Self-healing gave him an award for outstanding research and contribution to the advancement of mind-body medicine. He is the author of ten publications on bodymind healing including three books, audio tapes on cancer and chronic disease, and articles on chronic pain and anxiety, and peer reviewed articles. His Bodymind Healing Qigong DVD is currently being used in training of trauma therapists by Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, Medical Director, The Trauma Center, Boston University School of Medicine. Michael’s guiding image of “two streams becoming one” guides him as he blends ancient & modern, East & West, mind & body.